Thursday, October 23, 2008

baby news

Day 56 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

No, not mine.

Been there, done that - getting too old now to even think of another child.

But my good friend Al’s little girl is going to be a mother and hence the news. Yes that really is Al’s little girl all growd up and preggers . . .

I have to tease - it’s my nature.

Anyhow, that is very cool news and Al is very excited about the new addition and informs me Aly and Alexis are over the moon with excitement.

Congratulations soon-to-be Grampa Al, and soon-to-be-sleepless parents (next spring) Alyson and Alexis.

Now, after that public announcement, it’s on to last night’s tennis.

As you may recall, last week I moved up from court 4 to court 3. The goal here is to be on court 1 with the very best.

So, how did I do last night? Well, I managed to win 14 games, and lose 13 games - which means I’ll be staying in court 3 until next week as well.

And, as a bonus in confidence boosters, the head pro last night said he thinks by Christmas I’ll be in court 2 or 1 pretty consistently.

Wow - old does not need to be “over the hill” in tennis. And in fact, the person who won 16 games last night and advances to court 2 next week was the oldest of us last night.

Go figure.

And, without getting into any details, my workspot announced more cuts and sales of departments - and I happen to have about half of my current job in said department.

More news to follow once the company figures out what else it’s going to do.

It does not curtail my plans for a new gaming PC which, I’m ordering anyway.

What else will I do with my time when I’m home all day gathering UI?

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment