Tuesday, September 02, 2008

high fiver

Day 5 of 365 in the Marathon of Dope . . .


. . . and I know this post appears in the morning when I am supposed to be rewriting my 2nd novel. It’s because yesterday I rethought out a bit of my writing plans for the next while.

You see my first draft is completely printed out and needs me to go through it with a pencil and eraser (my method of choice - red pens are just so, so . . . bloody harsh).

So, I’m allotting time in the evening (½ to 1 hour) to sit down and go through my first draft as noted above. That means for the month of September I will be blogging in the morning, editing in the evening then come October I’ll start the actual rewrite . . .

And I must be completely frelling insane.

You see I still retain a full time day job, family, playing tennis year round twice a week, running a D&D Campaign starting this month, Twittering, Blogging, keeping up Reader’s Den with book, movie and TV show reviews, plus housework . . .

. . . yes, completely frelling insane. Which should be interesting for psychologists (if any bother to stop by) as they can observe the rapid mental degeneration of my being in this daily blog.

Or who knows. Maybe this overload of stimulus will do some actual good for my writing? Yeah, my thoughts too. Hello crash and burn.

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon at our local Carnival going from shady spot to shady spot while keeping an eye on my offspring as she jumped from ride to ride to same ride over and over and over again for four and a half millio . . ., er, hours.

Despite my ray dodging prowess I still got partially lobster red. Lucky for me I have a tennis tan so virgin skin was not exposed to the harsh ultra violet light. That could have ended badly.

I was mistaken for a Carnie worker at the balloon dart booth. No kidding. I'm not sure if that was one of life's cool moments, or downright insulting. I hadn’t shaved for four days and I am in desperate need of a haircut - maybe that was it?

In the evening after the Fair, resting my aching lower extremities, I finished off a 2 litre plastic bottle of some wine cooler we bought for the long weekend. It was overly sweet strawberry pop-flavoured, and before I knew it I had downed the last half a bottle.

It was made with white wine so didn’t really bother me overmuch. Had it been red wine I would have a headache the size of Manhattan this morning, I’m sure.

Well, just so you can get on with your day and not suffer overload, I’ll leave off here.

More to follow on Day 6 . . .

My Gawd - this is going to be a long haul for all concerned, isn’t it. The real experiment here though is whether my readership will dwindle or increase.

Any bets this early on?

No comments:

Post a Comment