Monday, September 29, 2008

do or do not

Day 32 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Holy cow - where did that weekend go?

Seems like only yesterday, it was three days ago. And I had such grand plans too.

I was going to get Reader’s Den all set up for the next month - didn’t happen.

I was going to get the dreaded lawn mowed - didn’t happen.

I was going to edit a huge part of my novel - didn’t happen.

So what did happen to my time exactly?

Well, I finished the Niven novel I was reading and part 3 of 6 Campaigns in Heroes of Might and Magic V, did 6 loads of laundry and cooked several meals - Oh, and I watched some Farscape and a Comedy movie with Jennifer Love Hewitt . . .

. . . not literally though - Jennifer was in the movie not watching with me as my ambiguous prose may have led you to believe. My wife watched with me. We do that sometimes - watch romantic comedies together. This one (even forgot the name) was, well, it was . . .

. . . was it ever formulaic. After having researched and written my own romantic comedy - that did happen - I find watching movies now a bit of a connect the dots.

What seems to make one movie much better for me now than the other - dialogue choices and acting.

If those two elements are one - movie = good.

If one of those elements is off - movie = not so good.

If both of those elements are off - movie = the suckage.

One word for me and movies these days: Crotchety.

. . . Or snob. And I hear you - If I think I’m such an authority why don’t I write the next Oscar winning script . . .

. . . did you read the first part of this blog?

That’s why.

If I ever get my act together - I mean really together - I will likely change the entire perception of entertainment the world over - but so far - didn’t happen.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment