Tuesday, September 30, 2008

big boys no toys

Day 33 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, it looks like only one more sleep and then tomorrow I’m playing bubble tennis with the “big boys”.

Yah, my thoughts exactly. Seems the person running the league (a pro) is questioning my abilities already - without ever having seen me hit one ball - and wishing only the “elite” would get invited to “his” league.

He actually wants try outs - for an evening league.

Yah, again.

But, the head pro says I can play. And he has seen me play already - so there is some encouragement.

Still, I get this funny feeling the league running pro is going to do everything in his power to humiliate me and make me want to leave.

So, guess I’ll just have to kick his ass a bit and turn the tables.

Only one problem with that plan. It will likely only work great in my mind. Though I used to be very, very good - lack of practice and advancing age have taken the razor sharp edge off my game.

My talents are more of a steak knife now instead of a Ginzu.

Still, I have moments of brilliance on the court.

I just hope tomorrow night is one of them.

And on a non-related but same day issue - tomorrow I'm supposed to get access to the systems I need to do my new job - you know, the new job I’ve been doing for one month already.

Speedy service where I work.

And I'm also still waiting for a new computer a work. I think it’s coming direct from Korea - on a boat, with paddlers.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment