Friday, November 03, 2006

Will or Wil

Classic Ensign Crusher . . . nice pout
Well, the ebook has launched and is sailing the seven servers on its own now.

Here’s hoping it steers clear of reefs, giant squid and Nemo - hell bent on keel-hauling the fragile creation . . .

Still it feels good to have that task out of the way.

Now I’m trying to concentrate on getting the final chapters of my Next Generation novel in order, but one thing has been niggling me like a canker of the mind or a splinter in the eye or (pick another body part and insert unpleasentry).

Will Riker. Yup, and it’s not just the beard or the weight gain that’s got to bothering me.

It’s his name - Will.

See how that looks kinda wrong. So, I went and did some homework. I looked at two other Next Generation novels and what did I find?

His name - Will.

Phew, I have been spelling it right all along and not looking like an amateur doofus.

And the reason for my aggravation? Well besides the usual writer’s insecurities (back vile creatures) I have been partially brainwashed by another Next Generation alumni. Yeah you know him as Wil. One L, not Two.

Hence my neural consternation . . . Or is that neural constipation?

I’m over it now anyhow.

………………………………...........................

So it snowed yesterday. Always does, doesn’t it - somewhere on Earth.

<< BORING> >

………………………………...........................

And with the slight lessening of pressure (writing pressure) I’ve been scoping the products over at Amazon (yes I not only support evil Microsoft . . .) and found that the animated Dungeons and Dragons is coming to DVD soon.

I have copies (not going to tell you how I got them . . . Shhhhh) already, but they are small and sucky and need full screen digital goodness to be fully appreciated.

Uni!

Christmas is on the way, so ya never know.

Oh, and Star Trek the Animated series is also coming out. Shat never looked so good!

………………………………...........................

Oh, one last thingy. I’m about half way through Absolute Sandman Vol. 1. Wow, is all I can say.

The bigger, brighter panels make the series shine in a new light. A bigger, shinier light.

And the story is just as powerful and cool as I remember from my very few readings of selected issues from long ago.

As hard as I try I can’t help being a product of the society I live in . . .

But I still refuse to drive an SUV, minivan or Hummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment