Thursday, October 13, 2005

Musings: Workplace Coffee Sucks


You see this picture. This is real coffee - not workplace coffee.

You know, as I put in long days at work, the least my office building could do is supply drinkable coffee.

I mean, is it so hard to ask for something that tastes like coffee and less like hot water mixed with lawn fertilizer and brown food coloring?

As the company I work for declines further into degradation, I try to find solace in the little things, like a decent cup of coffee – cause the big things are just screwed.

Coffee, fresh ground drip coffee is all I ask. Is it any wonder the morale around here is rock bottom?

I sometimes think it is a ploy by my employer to stop workers from going to the cafeteria and wasting time precious corporate time. It’s not working. Sort of like the stop smoking campaigns. Java has a powerful draw – even if it is god awful swill not fit for man nor beast.

So, caught in a web of crap coffee, I will carry on down the road knowing that if a company can’t even get the little things right, is it any wonder the big picture is such a mess.

Workplace coffee sucks!

Well, unless you work at Starbucks or Tim Hortons - then you can complain about the food instead.
Post a Comment